Friday, October 11, 2013

Future Projects Friday: Microwave Heating Pads


Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! It's Friday! And it's also flu season- eeek! What a downer right? Get your flu shots if you haven't yet. One way you can be prepared for fall colds is to make one of these nifty heating pads. Have you seen these on Pinterest? They are usually filled with rice or lentils and can be kept in the freezer and used for headaches or heated briefly in the microwave to ease aches and pains.

1. Microwavable rice heating pad from Sew4Home:

[ photo credit: sew4home ]

How adorable are these heating pads? I love the rick rack on the edges. Once again- I have actually made this specific project already! This tutorial is very easy to follow and great for beginner sewers. I used lentils in lieu of rice, flannel on one side and fleece on the other side and it worked great. One note- get someone to help you pour the lentils into the heating pad-Otherwise they might end up all over your lap and the floor-not that I am speaking from experience or anything... I need to make another one of these for myself as my mom now has the first one I made : )

2. Shoulder heating pad from Crafty Endeavor:

[ photo credit: Crafty Endeavor ]

I seriously need to make this! I have developed terrible posture from too much time on the computer at work and my shoulders always ache at the end of the day.  I really need to get some lavender to throw in the next time I make something like this so that you get a bit of aroma therapy at the same time. 

3. Heating pad from Elm Street Life:

[ photo credit: Elm Street Life ]

I love the tutorials from Elm Street Life. I featured an awesome wristlet with bow accent on last week's Future Projects Friday from Elm Street Life. I love her suggestion to put the heating pad in the freezer for use on headaches.  I can imagine the smell of lavender and the coolness and weight of the heating pad out of the freezer feels quite good on a headache. 

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment